Your assessment results indicate you or your loved one has moderate-heavy incontinence.
Urge incontinence is associated with an Overactive Bladder (OAB). Spontaneous bladder spasms and contractions result in the frequent and sudden need to urinate. Frequent, strong and sudden urges happen with not enough time to make it to the bathroom. Mixed Incontinence is a combination of the symptoms of stress incontinence and overactive bladder.
- Medications such as sedatives, cold medicines and high blood pressure medicines
- Urinary Tract Infection and Cancer
- Nerve dysfunction associated with trauma, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, Alzheimer’s, Parkinsonism, etc.
- Alcohol, Caffeine, and Carbonated Drinks
- Shift in hormonal balance with women
Typically, protective underwear and stretch briefs like the ones below can be helpful in managing moderate-heavy incontinence symptoms.